Buy ready-made short crust pastry dough, or make it from scratch before starting the custard.
For the custard:
- Take the vanilla bean, cut it with a knife and remove the black seeds and place in a bowl together with the sugar.
- Place milk into a pot and heat together with the empty vanilla pod. Switch off the heat as soon as it comes to a boil.
- In the meantime, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until light and foamy. Add the sifted four, mixing well.
- When the whipped egg is ready, turn the heat back on under the pot, and pour the whipped yolks with the flour.
- Then remove the pot from the flame and transfer the custard into a container large enough to spread it well. Cover it with plastic wrap, so that it adheres perfectly and does not form a hard outer skin.
- Place the container with the custard in the fridge to set.
- Roll out the short crust pastry dough onto a 24 cm tart pan to a height of half a centimeter, also covering the edges.
- Pour the custard inside the short crust shell and bake at 180° for about 35 minutes.
- Wash peaches and without peeling them, cut into same- sized 1/2 cm high slices.
- Bring to room temperature, and cover the entire surface with peach slices, starting from the edges and forming concentric circles until it is completely covered.
- Store the peach tart in the fridge and serve cold. Sprinkle with powered sugar and serve.
FOR THE SHORT CRUST PASTRY
250 gr 00 type flour
125 gr sugar
100 gr butter
1 teaspoon dessert yeast
FOR THE CUSTARD
500 ml milk
30 gr 00 type flour
4 egg yolks
100 gr sugar
1 lemon zest (1 lemon)
FOR THE GARNISH
5 nectarines (depending on size )
powdered sugar qs